- Experience-based Positions: Rwebel Media offers an unpaid internship for staff contributors interested in building a portfolio and gaining valuable journalistic experience. Benefits include: a position with a guarantee of upward mobility, creative license on stories, and real world experience as a staff contributor for a thought-forward publication. Rwebel Media is currently hiring all positions for our unpaid internship. If one of our internships sounds like the job for you, please apply here.
- Multimedia Team: This team will be headed by a multimedia expert who will lead a team of sound engineers, video producers, script writers, photographers, and graphic designers and bring Rwebel Radio and other media-based stories to life. The responsibilities of each position are as follows:
- Multimedia Lead: The Multimedia Lead will meet monthly with Editor in Chief to select content for Rwebel Radio. Additionally, the Multimedia Lead will be responsible for holding department meetings to plan out episodes for Rwebel Radio and to assign other multimedia contributors to stories.
- Sound Engineers & Video Producers: Contributors in these two teams will work closely with the Editor in Chief to create Rwebel Radio episodes. They will also work with writers and photographers to co-create multimedia stories.
- Script Writers: Script writers will work closely with the Editor in Chief to create scripts for Rwebel Radio. They will also be responsible for writing "Q&A" stories to accompany the episodes.
- Photographers: Photographers will assist writers by enterprising original photos for stories that capture the essence of that story.
- Graphic Designers: Graphic Designers will create promotional graphics for Rwebel Radio and submit by the 14 of each month. They may also work with writers and photographers to design art work for stories.
- Editorial Team: This team will be headed by an editorial expert who will lead the department, with assistance from managing editors for each column, who will also be copy editors. These individuals will lead a team of reporters and help to create innovative news stories that look at culture and difference. The responsibilities of each position are as follows:
- Editorial Lead: The Editorial Lead will serve as the editor of "Cultivating Artivism" and select stories to be featured on the cover of Rwebel Mag. Additionally, the Editorial lead will be required to meet with managing editors and the rest of the editorial staff at least twice a month to plan out stories for the next issue of Rwebel Mag.
- Managing Editors: The managing editors of Rwebel's columns will assign stories to staff members at team meetings, edit and publish stories in a timely fashion, write one quarterly "Letter from the Editor," and attend monthly meetings with the Editorial Lead to plan stories.
- Reporters: Rwebel Mag reporters will be required to write at least one monthly feature story and three monthly news stories, and they will be required attend virtual meetings with managing editor to draft ideas.
2. Commission-based: Rwebel Media additionally offers contract positions for our publishing service. Benefits include: a position with a guarantee of upward mobility, creative license on editing, and real world experience as an employee of a thought-forward publisher. IMPORTANT: Rwebel Media is currently hiring contractors who would aid Rwebel's clients in publishing long form narrative works. Contractors may also apply for staff positions with Rwebel Media, but they would be responsible for completing duties for that position as well contract obligations. If you are interested in becoming a contracted editor or art consultant with Rwebel Media, please apply here.